The Universal Combination
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Universal Combination

Ever wanted to roleplay any character you wanted in a giant roleplay with a bunch of others? This is basically it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Oni Mansion

Go down 
+3
AzurePetals
Prince Of Junes
Superboy
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superboy

Superboy

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 1:06 pm

The Oni Mansion Tumblr_motwun5MzL1reszczo1_500
Ao Oni

Story/Plot-thingy:
There's a mansion on the outskirts of society and in the middle of the woods. As far as the world is aware it is abandoned and empty. When the building comes in conversation it is always said to be haunted. Of course, everyone thinks of it as just a joke, but no one dares go near there.

In truth it is… Haunted in a sense. There is something that roams the "abandoned" corridors, a demon of sorts. Problem is that when people enter, be it due to a stupid dare or test of courage, they don't tend to come out. At least not the same.

The demon is out for the blood of those who enter.

Rules:
1. Site rules apply.
2. Encounters with the Oni is chosen by random, so I will also play the Oni when it appears at first to characters, but after that it's an NPC.
3. The outcome of the encounter with Oni is also random. I'll PM you the outcome. You can milk the encounter for as long as you want, but the random outcome is how it will turn out.
There are three:
Survived
Killed
Injured
4. Also, a character will not run into Oni again until after at least three posts after the previous encounter. This is to be fair and let the others get chased around too.
5. If your character dies, don't think you're out of the thread. Your character then turns into an Oni as well, and can chase people around. But if this happens please be fair and don't hunt them down every post.
6. Feel free to team up and fight for your lives.
7. This is more like a request, but please no one liners. I know you guys won't, but I've gotten into the habit of begging for this one in some threads sadly.

Have at it!

PS:

Superboy as a character isn't going to be in this thread. This account will be used as the Oni when he/she/it/thing appears, and used to PM the outcomes.

Also, Injured and Survived are two different outcomes. Survived means you get away from the Oni unscathed, but Injured means you get away just like that, injured.
Back to top Go down
Prince Of Junes
Captain Ressentiment
Prince Of Junes

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

∞ Yosuke Hanamura ∞

The Oni Mansion Tumblr13

♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬

"My
heart beats to the sound of my music;
Without it, I'm just a lost city boy in the middle of the country."

♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬

It was truly a dim-witted idea, and the teenager knew it. But he couldn't help his strong curiosity; was the mansion really haunted, or was it just a silly tale? One of his friends had mentioned it at school during their lunch break, and he wasn't sure whether or not it could be real. After all, he himself had seen many strange things, particularly including ventures into a world inside a television, so how weird could a haunted mansion be?

But why did I get chosen as the guinea pig? Yosuke pondered to himself as he walked along the winding pathway towards the run down building. Just because I couldn't decide whether or not it was true doesn't mean I should be the one to go up here... then again, those free steaks for a month bet was pretty good. Maybe I can just pop in quickly and pop out.. nothing major.

At least, that's what he had figured. He had no idea what was waiting for him inside, as he reached the door and slowly opened it. The loud creaking of hinges made him wince; it was definitely old.

Slipping inside, he found it surprisingly clean. There was absolutely no dirt or dust in sight...
That's weird... they said it was abandoned. Maybe they're just pulling a prank on me and it's actually inhabited by someone. He thought with an amused smile before turning around and reaching for the door handle again...

Only to discover it was now locked.

Oh, it's one of those places. His brow furrowed, though a sense of unease soon washed over him. But he couldn't afford to panic. No, not right now. He had to stay calm and find a way out. Yes, find a way out and tell his friends that it was just a silly old empty house...

"Might as well look 'round while I'm at it." He murmured to himself as he stepped further inside the mansion, looking around himself. There was a flight of stairs in front of him, and hallways to his left and right. Yosuke decided to go up the stairs first..

CRASH!

He whirled around in surprise, but saw no one. The sound came from his right... did he dare to go there? "Oh, c'mon Yosuke. It's probably just a plate or somethin'. Don't be such a scaredy cat." He laughed nervously to himself as he headed in the direction of the noise, taking two knives out of his pocket as he walked. He couldn't be too careful, after all.

And then he heard the sound of footsteps right behind him, and he turned suddenly.
"Hyyyaaaahh! Gotcha!" He shouted, leaping at them with his blades at the ready. It was a foolish idea, but he couldn't help the fact his nerves were on end.

The Oni Mansion Banner10
♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♪
╰☆╮ Out of Charm ╰☆╮
Aaaaannnnddd here comes the dim-minded teeen~
Back to top Go down
https://everythingroleplay.canadian-forum.com
AzurePetals
Promise of Reunion
AzurePetals

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 2:18 am

✿ Garry 
The Oni Mansion Garry.full.1662416

✿ [ ] ✿ [ ] ✿ [ ] ✿ [ ] ✿ [ ] ✿ [ ] ✿ [ ] ✿ [ ] ✿ [ ] ✿ [ ] ✿ [ ] 
"If you need help I'll come running.
Always remember that."
From one terrifying place to another. Is his luck really this bad? How does someone narrowly escape a world where living artwork is out to kill you, only to wind up in a spooky abandoned mansion mere days later? Though to be fair both times were entirely his own fault. He wanted to see the art exhibition. He wanted to get out of the rain after forgetting his umbrella. Both awful decisions upon hindsight. Well, the first not completely awful. Ib had been the one bright side to the situation.

Here in this creaky old house? He's been alone for hours after the door locked itself on him. The first hour he'd resigned to curling up on a corner in the foyer. Nothing frightening will happen if he stays put near the door, right? The next had been spent trying to unlock the door. The strength to push furniture around he has, but not enough to break down a door.

It's going to be all right. There's nothing dangerous here, it's not like a horror movie, it's just an old house. When the door shuts it locks. From the outside. Not normal but everything will be fine. He just needs to get the door open. Or break a window. Shattering glass by punching or kicking would hurt. He'll need to throw something at it from a distance. With renewed resolve Garry rushes into a connecting room, hoping to find something he can use as a projectile.

Creeeaak.

Click.

The door? That's the sound the door made when he arrived! Or the sound of another door in the house. He's not alone anymore. Steady yourself, it's going to turn out okay. Be hopeful. Maybe it's the wind. He ignores it, going back to his search. Well, he can't quite ignore a sound like that in a place like this. It came from the foyer. The door between here and the foyer might stop them from getting in. 

Ah, no it creaks to much. He'll only get noticed. Best to remain hiding. Ah, one bright side. There's a candle holder. It should work, though now he has to return to the foyer. There are no windows in this room. After a deep breath he steps back into the foyer and tries to quietly go to the window.

Evidently not quiet enough.

"Hyyyaaaahh! Gotcha!"

"AAAAAAAAHHHHH!" The scream is piercing and he jumps back in fright, only keeping a grip on the candle holder from experience of not dropping his rose for anything. Fight or flight instinct kicks in and it's flight that wins, as always. Anyone would run if knives are suddenly in front of their face. He makes a break for the previous room.

The safety of distance brings a bit of clarity to his mind as he peers around the half-open door to the foyer and looks over the other. Human. All limbs accounted for. Ah, likely now that they're another victim of the house. Just as scared of him. He steps out into the main room once more.

"My apologies. You startled me." More like terrified, but that isn't the point.

✿ Out of Petals ✿    

Knives in strangers faces does not make a good impression, Yosuke. Also yay, Garry is in the thread picture!

Last edited by AzurePetals on Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Prince Of Junes
Captain Ressentiment
Prince Of Junes

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:02 am

∞ Yosuke Hanamura ∞

The Oni Mansion Tumblr13

"My heart beats to the sound of my music;

Hearing the 'creature's scream only made his adrenaline pump faster, and he took another leap...

"I won't lose to you, you stinkin' monster!"

...only to fall flat on his face. The 'creature' he had been attacking had run away..? No, it was still near. And it was no creature - it was another human. Ordinary, normal, human being. Look before you attack, Yosuke. The teen's face flushed a bright red as he slowly got up from the floor. Not only had he randomly attacked him, he probably made a very bad impression on them as well. Nice going. Not every moving thing is a Shadow, genius.

Putting his knives back into his pocket, he offered the other person an apologetic smile. "Sorry for scaring you like that.. I thought you were some sorta monster. I have a long history of fighting 'em, so I guess instinct just came over." Yosuke explained as he took a closer look at the other person. Clothes could definitely be better... Purple hair? Who has purple hair? Then again, one of my friends has silver hair and he's the same age as me... And another has blue hair, so I really can't comment. I dyed my hair, so maybe it's just dye as well. Hm. I wonder if he came here 'cause of all the myths too.

Soon shaking his thoughts away, his gaze soon returned to the other's. "By the way, the name's Yosuke Hanamura. I didn't expect to see any other people investigating the house. You're not from Yasoinaba, are you? I'm sure I would've recognised you if you were..." He soon trailed off, waiting for the other's response before asking a hundred more questions.

The Oni Mansion Banner10
╰☆╮ Out of Charm ╰☆╮
What do you mean, knives in the face aren't a good impression? XDD Jk, jk. It's a haunted mansion... It's going to scare some people.
Back to top Go down
Hei

Hei

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 11:14 am

Hei
The Oni Mansion Tumblr_lk908g2gMV1qc237vo1_500
ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ✮  ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ
The night sky full of cries
Hearts filled with lies
The contract,
is it worth the price?
A soul pledged to the darkness
Now I've lost it
I know I can
kill
The truth exists beyond the gates!
ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ✮  ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ ✮ ϟ

Hei wasn't exactly sure what he was doing there at the mansion. On the outside it just looked old and forgotten, and he pretty sure it was. All he knew was that Huang told him he had a job to do there. In the middle of no where. He wasn't told much else, other than it could be a lead to get to Hell's Gate.

He didn't like this. Not knowing completely what's to be done bothered him. Not only that but Huang said "could" as in it could also be a wild goose chase. This could be a complete waste of time.

On his way up to the large house he noticed someone enter ahead of him. At first he assumed it was someone from a competing organization, and he was ready to jump into a fight if necessary. But then it soon came to realization that the person most likely wasn't a threat. He was just a kid it looked like. Of course, there's been kids working for organizations before, but only if they were dolls. It also made no sense to send a doll in by themselves. So he had to go and do a job with some high schooler wandering around too. Wonderful.

The contractor quickly took some time to get changed into something less… Black Reaper. Now he was in a button down and jeans. He kept his gear underneath his clothes to be on the safe side. There was no telling what could happen, and it was always better to stay prepared. And like that he entered the mansion.

"Eh…?" Hei blinked innocently at the two already in the foyer. The kid was the one he already saw enter. Once again he seemed average and innocent. The other guy looked closer to Hei's age, somewhere in his twenties. He kept a closer eye on this guy. He didn't see him enter, nor know who or what he was. It was better to be suspicious than dead.

Click.

The front door made a sound, making Hei whip around and try the knob. Of course, it was locked. That was what the sound meant after all. Just as long as there was water, he'd be fine if something went wrong.

"The door's locked… How'd that happen?" Hei might've not known what exactly was going on, but he played stupid to the others anyways. His brows were furrowed as he looked at the two of them. "Oh! Sorry to be rude and walk in on you like this! I was just curious about this house, you see, and well… Sorry!" He bowed politely to the two of them, and introduced himself with an apologetic tone, "my name is Li Shengshun, it's nice to meet you both."

The Oni Mansion Yvuycc26lo7m_zps728778b7The Oni Mansion HeiThe Oni Mansion Tumblr_static_th_hei1The Oni Mansion 998751
ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ
✮_____Óut Òf St✮rs______✮

Glad you like the pic! I saw it and just felt the urge to use it -so didn't almost mistake the dolls for some freaky Oni- ...
Back to top Go down
AzurePetals
Promise of Reunion
AzurePetals

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 8:32 pm

✿ Garry 

Always remember that."
A confused blink. Why is he staring at my hair? The thought is quickly moved aside when the two introduce themselves.
"A pleasure meet you both as well, even if one of you did mistake me for a monster." A glance at Yosuke. "I can attest to the feeling of panic in a place like this. No harm done." The candle holder is placed in the windowsill as he takes in the situation. Three people locked in an abandoned mansion. All strangers to each other. Certainly not the situation he'd imagined himself in.
A disappointed stare at the door. "Though I'm beginning to wish one of us had propped the door open. It locks on its own." After all he's been through, a door locking from the outside doesn't particularly faze him. It's certainly frustrating but it's not the major problem at the moment. A spark of realization. "Ah, you gave your names but I didn't return the gesture. I'm Garry." The introduction is accompanied by a soft smile.
"I wasn't actually investigating this place. I only ducked inside to escape the earlier rain. It could have gotten worse and I didn't want to be caught in a storm on my way home. Clearly not my best choice." He looks away for a few seconds in embarrassment. Really, he should stop going into places like this. Well no, the Gallery hadn't seemed as scary at first. It had been perfectly normal. This house practically screamed 'do not enter' and yet he had and with the idea that he would leave soon after no less! Is he a magnet for horror phenomenon? From living a horror movie, escaping, and directly into a similar scenario. Why does this keep happening?
A glance at the window reminds him of his earlier plan with the candle holder. It has since changed. There must be somewhere inside that will have candles for it. The lights are on here in the first few rooms but he has a feeling it won't be like that further in. Places like this always have the power go out. Breaking the window would be a much smarter choice, as they can then all climb out, but the house has a similar feeling to the Gallery, and the windows there you did not want to break.
Still, he doesn't want to go further inside. He's definitely had enough of scary places thank you very much. He despises horror movies and yet he can't seem to go anywhere without ending up in one. A sigh. "Since the door doesn't seem willing to open from this side, does anyone have any ideas on how to leave? I had one but I'm not certain it's our best course of action." Outside might not be outside anymore if we followed my plan. Still, even the Gallery had a way out. We'll just have to find it.

✿ Out of Petals ✿    

They might as well be. They're certainly terrifying enough. Well, TRASH is. The smaller ones are just disturbing. And it's a great picture! Would definitely make an interesting crossover. And we're kind of doing that xD

Last edited by AzurePetals on Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Prince Of Junes
Captain Ressentiment
Prince Of Junes

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:41 pm

∞ Yosuke Hanamura ∞

The Oni Mansion Tumblr13

Yosuke let out a long sigh, listening to the other two's situations. So Li had come in out of curiosity, much like he had, while Garry came in just to escape a storm. And then they all ended up stuck in the mansion. Great. I guess on the bright side, I'm not stuck here alone. Some company is better than no company, right? The teen would never admit it, but he could be a real scaredy cat at times. He wasn't all that comfortable with the unknown, yet at the same time, he felt the need to explore. A strange combination.

Hearing Garry's suggestion to find a way out, he frowned. It was an obvious goal, but figuring out a plan was the tricky part. His eyes flickered over to the candle stick in Garry's hands, then at the window.
Had he planned to go through the window? It was definitely an easy solution, but why hadn't he done it earlier? Was there a reason? But why on earth wouldn't you break a window? Is he afraid he has to pay for it or somethin'? Either way, I suppose we need some other way to get out of here.

His gaze shifted over to the locked door. "I can only think of breaking that door down, unless you think you can put a hole through the walls. Or if you could somehow find some sorta escape route.. Y'know, in some of those ancient castles and stuff, where they had that hidden door that led to a way outside the back?" Yosuke finally said aloud, briefly wondering if he sounded a bit ridiculous about the latter part. He was an avid fan of video games and movies, and there were many secret doors in both. It may not be too far off for the mansion to hold some secrets.

"Secret doors or busting through the front... There's one certain thing. I think we gotta explore the place a bit more and see what's 'round. Hopefully no monsters, right?" The brunette offered them an optimistic grin as he reached for his knives again. "Of course, we're probably prepared for 'em if there are any." He was clearly joking about the monster thing, but... Who knows? Maybe it was inhabited by monsters. It would be a good idea to be ready, just in case.

Rrrrrrrnnnggghh...

As if on cue, there was a low rumbling that filled the entire area, which made Yosuke pull his knives out fully and take a defensive position. The hair on the back of his neck rose, and his heart started to race. "P-please tell me that was o-one of your stomachs r-rumbling..." He laughed nervously, though he was already on edge. He looked around, trying to see if he could spot whatever was near.

The Oni Mansion Banner10
╰☆╮ Out of Charm ╰☆╮
A Reaper, a painting and a teenage salesperson walk into a mansion inhabited by Onis...

[insert rest of bad joke here]
Back to top Go down
AzurePetals
Promise of Reunion
AzurePetals

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 3:57 am

✿ Garry 

Always remember that."
He can tell Yosuke doesn't understand why he hadn't gone through with the window plan. Still, he keeps silent rather than explain. After all, what could he say? I've been through events far more terrifying and I've learned that in these situations windows don't always remain windows to outside. No-one is going to believe that. Had it not happened I wouldn't believe myself either. Yosuke's suggestions are taken to heart. Breaking the door down is a good choice. But with what? Secret passages could also work. He's familiar with those, though not in castles like the teen mentions.
Monsters? His gaze is almost lost at the mention. Please no monsters. The idea has definitely eaten away at him, but as the other said, he's prepared to handle any. Physically prepared anyway. Mentally he still hasn't recovered from last time. Note to self: When you get out, meet up with Ib. You owe her a visit anyway and you'll need closure after this.

And right afterwords comes the sound. 

His first reaction, one that he barely manages to hold in, is another scream. A disadvantage of being easily frightened. Rather than letting out a second shriek tonight however, someone who understands needs to take the lead. Be the big brother figure again. Even if these two aren't Ib. His grip on the candle stick tightens, brows furrowing in determination. He's not going through this again. They're getting out. Even if a creature is after them. A creature that will by all rights terrify him if he ever sees it. Still his racing heart won't calm down.

As much as he hates the Gallery, it helps to make comparisons to something familiar. What would he do were an unknown art piece heard around the corner and getting closer? Take Ib and run. Run down a hallway we've gone before. One that has a safe place to hide. Nothing in this house is familiar but the plan can still work.

"As much as I'd like to believe so, I don't think it is. We should move away from the sound. Quickly." Weapons shouldn't be needed if they can hide from whatever it is. Find a safe room somewhere near. Block the door from their side even if it locks. You can never be too careful. Garry takes several steps backwards to near a connecting door. There isn't truly an 'away' from a sound that fills the room but they have to move somewhere. "We don't want to be here when it shows up."

✿ Out of Petals ✿    

XD What's the punchline for that one? They somehow all live?

Last edited by AzurePetals on Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hei

Hei

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 1:58 pm

Hei
Hearts filled with lies
The contract,
is it worth the price?
Now I've lost it
I know I can
kill

Hei nodded his head politely to Garry. Finding a way out would be good. It was better to be safe than sorry. There was no telling what would happen. He didn't like how unpredictable this job was already turning out to be. He also wanted to keep an eye on the two that were with him. They were a bit odd and they didn't act harmful, but Hei didn't trust them either.

"With a house this size there ought to be other doors. Perhaps they aren't locked? Or maybe a spare key is somewhere?" He peered down a hallway then back to the younger boy. "Well, I hope there's no monsters. There's no such thing after all." He said a matter of factly.

The noise really did come on cue. Looking around the foyer, he bit his lip.
"Well, for once that wasn't my stomach…" He chuckled quietly. He tucked his arms in, closer to the knives he had under his shirt. Whatever made that noise can't be good.

"Getting away sounds like a good idea…" He had a nervous look on his face despite being calm. It seemed more suitable to play dumb for Gary and Yosuke. He wanted to find a kitchen or bathroom. Anywhere he could get water. He needed to make sure he had a connection with the outside world. Yin was a safer way to communicate than radio.

After looking around a moment Hei started to make his way down one hallway. Paying more attention to whether or not the others would follow or not than to where was going.

The Oni Mansion Yvuycc26lo7m_zps728778b7The Oni Mansion HeiThe Oni Mansion Tumblr_static_th_hei1The Oni Mansion 998751

I'll be impressed if they all do live.
Back to top Go down
Prince Of Junes
Captain Ressentiment
Prince Of Junes

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 7:52 pm

∞ Yosuke Hanamura ∞

The Oni Mansion Tumblr13

Monsters don't exist, huh? Yosuke couldn't help but roll his eyes. The teen himself had faced many monsters... and lived to tell the tale, if anyone would even believe him. But that was when we had Personas, and one heck of a leader to guide us. But here... here I only have knives, and I have no idea what the others' fighting styles are like. We can be dead meat for all we know.

Noticing the other two going different ways, he frowned. "H-hey, um, shouldn't we stick together? Y-y'know, safety in numbers? That kinda thing?" Another nervous laugh escaped him as he gripped the handle of his knives tighter. Splitting up in the TV World was never a good idea for his friends all that time ago... how should it be any more different now..?

Grrnnnnrghhh.....

The noise grew louder, and it became more and more difficult for him to keep his composure. "Okay, so we can probably go - He cut himself off as soon as he spotted a large thing out of the corner of his eye, and it definitely wasn't human. Panicked, he bolted down the hallway and turned around the corner, sprinting up the stairs. He had absolutely no idea where he was going, nor what he was doing - pure fear was flowing through him. When he finally stopped to catch his breath, he realised he didn't know where he was. "Oh great.."

The Oni Mansion Banner10
╰☆╮ Out of Charm ╰☆╮
It's funny cuz I doubt Yosuke will pull through. He can do reckless things
Back to top Go down
AzurePetals
Promise of Reunion
AzurePetals

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 4:18 am

✿ Garry 

Always remember that."
Safety does come in numbers, Yosuke is right, and Garry is about to comment on this and go after Li when the noise returns louder than before. "We need to go n-" Along with talking over the teen, Garry's cut off 'now' turns into his second scream as he too catches sight of the creature that sends the other running.
In his fight or flight instinct it's always been flight that wins. He isn't a fighter. Now is no exception to that. The shock of the... the thing across the room had sent him to the floor, but he scrambles up and makes a break for a hall. Not the hall closest to him, but the one he'd seen Yosuke go down. Don't split up. Don't split up. Separating had caused him and Ib a lot of trouble. This is no different.
Of course, Yosuke had a head start down any number of branching directions. Motivated just as much by fear as a desire to stick together, Garry takes a turn, passes a flight of stairs, and ends up in what could be a small library or study. Instinct screams at him to block the door but another part of his mind is shouting that he's lost the others. Block the door or find them?
There isn't much time to decide. They'd all gone down the same hall, right? He can't quite remember now. But if the creature saw them all go down this hall, then there are very few good outcomes. Block the door. He knows how to deal with paintings, not whatever nightmarish thing this creature is. But neither do they... I have to find them. It isn't the smartest choice, nor the most self-preserving, but he isn't going to let them die if there is a single thing he can do to help.
Garry yanks open the room's door and steps into the hall, taking only seconds to survey it. Stairs. One other door on this floor. At least, around this corner. Li could have gone down previous doors he'd passed. He runs over, jiggles the knob, and finds out it's locked. Not going backwards, so... Up the stairs. Despite all the running he'd done in the Gallery he isn't the best at it. His legs are burning when he reaches the top of the stairs, but he was right. One person found at the end of this hall. "Yosuke!" Garry rushes up to the teen as fast as his legs will take him, and frantically tries a nearby door. It opens and he motions back for Yosuke to follow. "This way!" They can hide in the room until the creature passes. Wait, Li! "And did you see where Li went? Was it this hall?" They need to group together if they want to make it through this!

✿ Out of Petals ✿    

True, but he might if the group can somehow stick together. Course that's hard if everyone runs in different directions.
Back to top Go down
Hei

Hei

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 2:24 pm

Hei
Hearts filled with lies
The contract,
is it worth the price?
Now I've lost it
I know I can
kill

They were worried about their safety. That made sense, but from what, Hei had no clue. He was staying cautious, but had plenty of confidence in his abilities.

It wasn't long before he realized that the other two weren't following him. Instead, they both started sprinting off in fear. He didn't see what it was they were running from, but Garry did seem desperate to keep with Yosuke. Hei had to keep an eye on everything going on around him. Even if he didn't have control over the situation, he had to know what was happening. Thus he made his way back to find the other two.

His right hand stayed tucked close to his knife. Something scared Garry and Yosuke off, and Hei wasn't going to let anything catch him by surprise.  He stepped lightly on the floor making sure his footsteps were quiet. He listened for any sound. He didn't hear any groaning, not since the others ran off. There weren't any other footsteps as far as he could tell. The whole place was silent. It was a bit eerie, but Hei didn't let that stop him.

Soon enough he returned to the foyer.
"Garry? Yosuke?" He called in a more bewildered tone than his expression was showing. There was no sign of them. Great, I lost them. He sighed and shook his head. Now he had a job to do with two people he didn't even know wandering around the place just as lost as he was. He didn't need this at the moment. At all.

A creak came from above, making Hei's head snap up towards the sound.
So it's either the kid and the other guy, or someone else is here. He started looking around for a staircase. Quite a few of the doors were locked, and

Wait.

Was that door open just a minute ago? He turned to the door frame.
"What…?" Hei really didn't know what it was the was standing there staring at him, but it was large, humanoid, and didn't look very happy.

Grrrrrrnnggghh!

It deeply moaned, and was very loud. Hei could feel the floor vibrate slightly under his feet. It started making heavy steps towards him and reached out. Hei didn't bother fighting back, instead he just turned and bolted. He wasn't necessarily scared, just dumbfounded. How do I fight something that isn't a contractor let alone human…?! He turned the corner, and could still hear it following with low grunts. It kept after him all throughout the floor. He grit his teeth. That thing was persistent.

Good! The stairs! He ran up them, and could feel the thing start to thump up after them. Before he knew it he ran straight into something. The force of the contact made him fall back. Looking up, he gave a bewildered grin. It was Yosuke.

"The-There's a-a-a thing! You're right! There's a monster! I-it's after me!" He stumbled to get up, and looked back… There was no sign of the monster that chased him. It was gone. "What… But it was following me up the stairs, I swear!" The confused expression was genuine. He had no idea where it could've gone. But at least it wasn't there anymore. He wasn't eager to see that… thing again.

I used the randomizer, and of course, I'm the one stuck actually running into the Oni… Oh joy… -feels the need to electrocute it-

Oh Hei… Why you play stupid so much?! Well, at least it hasn't gotten him killed yet.
Back to top Go down
Chip Thorn

Chip Thorn

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 6:19 pm

★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★
Charlie "Chip" Thorn

The Oni Mansion Tumblr_lc3mc8fcV01qa4i6p

★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★
★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★ ★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★ ★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★

Not knowing where we're going, not knowing when we're gonna get there
not even knowing
if we're ever going to get back!

★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★

Chip stood in front of the old abandoned mansion.  He had heard many rumors about the creepy stuff that happens in there.  Many of the stories are about people who never came out of the mansion.  Whether or not they are true.  It was about time for Chip to prove to his friends that the rumors are just rumors.

In some ways Chip hoped for something supernatural inside the mansion for him to find.  That would be so cool if he found something.  It would be cooler if he could leave the mansion alive.  Chip let out of a little nervous chuckle as he pushed open the large old creaky door.

The door opened with a large loud creak.  Chip looked into the dimly lit lighting.  An eerie feeling filled Chip.  Chip had an unsettling feeling like he shouldn't be here, but at the same time something drew Chip to the mansion.
 A quick look around won't hurt.  Besides if I go back now the other will think that I chickened out.

Chip left his hand on the doorknob, just looking around the empty mansion.  Chip made out two hallways, one on the left and the other on the right.  In front of Chip was a rickey old stairs that most likely hold Chip's weight if he tried to go up them.

The door suddenly slammed shut.  The door just slammed its self shut.
 It felt like someone pulled the door out of my hand.  Chip tried to open the door, but it locked its self.

"There is something about this place that isn't right."  Chip gave up trying to open the door.  He turned around and his jaw dropped.

The once empty mansion, now, has people in it.  Two people.  One person dressed all in black.  He sat on the floor at the bottom of the stairs.  The other person looks more like a teen.  He stands on the stairs.
 Looks like they collided with each other.

Should I say something?  Should I just pretend that I'm not here?

✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵
✵✵✵Out of character✵✵✵✵
✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵
Joining in  XD

Last edited by Chip Thorn on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prince Of Junes
Captain Ressentiment
Prince Of Junes

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 1:40 am

∞ Yosuke Hanamura ∞

The Oni Mansion Tumblr13

Yosuke started to follow after Garry, only to suddenly bump into someone. Disorientated, he took a few steps back before realising who it was. As he did, his face turned red with embarrassment. Good job looking like a complete idiot, Yosuke! You probably have the most experience with these kinds of situations, and instead of helping, you decide to chicken out!

"W-well, at least we're kinda together now, haha..." He laughed awkwardly while playing with the cord of his headphones. Glancing down at it, memories started to flood into his mind; he would always listen to music whenever they were fighting Shadows. It helped keep his nerves in check, and him on his toes. His thumb subconsciously moved to his pocket, where he turned the volume up a little on his music, but only enough to be heard outside of his headphones.

"Get up, get up, it's time to get real -
Can't control the steering wheel;
Outside is in a veil of mystery,
Won't get out so easily.

We are living our lives, and we realize what's happening -
Hey brother, watch yourself!
Grab your things, don't miss your chance;
Find your own rhythm,
And dance your own dance!"

Hearing it made him feel a lot calmer, and he managed a small smile towards Li. "Garry's down the hall. We should find a room and secure it, so we can talk 'bout plans without worrying 'bout whatever that... Thing was." He said as he started walking. However, he noticed something, or rather someone, out of the corner of his eye and he paused, turning to look. Someone else was in the house with them? "And, um, hello to you too." He waved a little, feeling awkward again.

The Oni Mansion Banner10
╰☆╮ Out of Charm ╰☆╮
Annnnd the 'ninja' with no brains has arrived! Or, I mean, the RPer of him. Remember, kids, procrastination is magical in small doses. >____>

And hello welcome to the fun house! Guarantee screams of joy and blue skinned clowns that will try to chase you! Woohoo!

Also, the song is Pursuing My True Self (long version) from Persona 4. The main theme~
Back to top Go down
Chip Thorn

Chip Thorn

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 10:23 am

★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★
Charlie "Chip" Thorn

The Oni Mansion Tumblr_lc3mc8fcV01qa4i6p

★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★

Not knowing where we're going, not knowing when we're gonna get there
not even knowing
if we're ever going to get back!

★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★⋰⋱★

"And, um, hello to you too."  The person on the stairs greeted Chip.

Now you respond, Chip.  "Hello.  I'm Chip.  Um, I think something is weird going on here because when I first walked in you two wasn't there."

Chip took some steps towards the stairs.  These two people don't seem like they would hurt Chip or at least the one who greeted Chip.

Chip stood at the bottom of the stairs next to the man all in black.
 "Have you guys heard the rumors about this place?  I've heard that there is a witch who lives here.  She's hideous with green skin and a black tongue with yellow drool that slowly drips from the corner of her mouth when she speaks.  Oh I know!" Chip jumps in his place.  "This mansion is some sort of magical dimension."

Chip looked around the mansion with a big goofy grin on his face.  An old abandoned magical mansion in a magical dimension forest.  This is like the coolest thing ever.

✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵
✵✵✵Out of character✵✵✵✵
✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵
It is a little short.  Sorry about that.
I wasn't sure what to write about.
Back to top Go down
AzurePetals
Promise of Reunion
AzurePetals

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:55 pm

✿ Garry 

Always remember that."
The crash on the staircase startles him and for a split second he is terrified that it's the creature, but turning back proves this to be false. It's only Li, who apparently ran into Yosuke. He's all right! With a big grin, Garry waves back at them. Thank goodness, the group is together again and with no creature in sight. Now it's imperative they stay this way.
Yosuke has the same idea regarding a safe room. Wonderful. When the teen relays the plan to Li he pushes the door next to him completely open. He hadn't actually looked inside, only checked that it wasn't locked. It's a single person bedroom. The dresser doesn't look too heavy to move as a blockade. "This room should do nicely!" he calls down to them.
When Yosuke pauses in crossing the hall Garry runs over, worried. Oh. There's another person here? It's a little strange to have yet another person show up in this kind of situation, but Garry gives him a wave and after the teen's awkward greeting the stranger proves to be a chatterbox. 
A brow raise and a head tilt in confusion when the newcomer, Chip as he had introduced himself, starts going on about a witch living here. The only abnormal thing they've encountered so far was the horrific purple creature, and it is certainly not anything like Chip is describing. "I haven't heard any rumors like that, but something does live here. We were trying to reach safety but it seems to have vanished."
Now, Chip's other idea? The mansion being in another dimension? All too easy to believe. After all, wasn't that how the Gallery worked? Or something similar enough. A hand motion for Chip to come up the stairs and join them. "Welcome I suppose. Ah, my name is Garry. I'll let the others introduce themselves." Attention shifts to Yosuke and Li. "We should get to the safe room. The creature could return any moment."

✿ Out of Petals ✿    

Yay, Persona 4 music! I love that song :D
And yes, welcome to the craziness, Chip. :) Don't worry, short posts are okay every so often.
Back to top Go down
Hei

Hei

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 9:52 pm

Hei
Hearts filled with lies
The contract,
is it worth the price?
Now I've lost it
I know I can
kill

Hei nodded. "A secure room sounds like a good idea…" He followed after the teen. He knew he could take care of himself. Having the kid and Garry around was just a load of dead weight. He didn't need either of them. They both seemed to have a good grip on handling the situation to, so he was beginning to wonder why he was even still with them.

After noticing movement on the stairs, Hei turned expecting to see the monster. Instead it was another kid.
Great, just what I need, another idiot to watch out for. "Hi. I'm Li Shengshun."

He stood there listening to the redhead ramble on about magic. "Magical dimension? I've seen a monster, but a whole dimension? I just can't believe that." He shook his head in disbelief. It was just too crazy to believe. Monster? He already saw it. But magic? He was a Contractor. Believing in such frivolous was not logical and pointless.

I don't have time for all of this. All the same he made his way to the room Garry found. He turned to the purple haired man. "Are you sure it'll be secure?"

I used the randomizer, and of course, I'm the one stuck actually running into the Oni… Oh joy…

PS I did the randomizer again since for the second time I was the only one actually running into it. Again, I get picked, but Garry's with me… So to makes sense I guess they have to get separated again? Or a trap door or something, I don't know. I'll leave that to Garry too.

Last edited by Hei on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prince Of Junes
Captain Ressentiment
Prince Of Junes

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 4:07 am

∞ Yosuke Hanamura ∞

The Oni Mansion Tumblr13

All this talk about magic and monsters not being real really had the teen biting his tongue in order not to let anything out. Evil teddie bears, floating eyeballs, plant babies, tables on fire, sakura plants wearing kimonos... I've seen every monster imaginable. And saying magic isn't real isn't true either. I've seen, with my own eyes, lightning, fire, ice, wind, light and dark magic. Heck, I've used wind magic myself! Ugh, if only I could use it outside the TV World...

Forcing his personal thoughts away, he turned his attention back to the task ahead, quickly introducing himself to Chip before continuing on with the plan. "Well, even if blocking the door might not be very secure, we could still be safe. I mean, does this 'thing' even know how to open doors? I don't even think it's on this floor in the first place - I don't think it can climb stairs either." Yosuke stated as he glanced between the others. It felt strange, contributing more to a conversation than he usually did.. He usually played the right hand man, while his partner, Yu, had actually made all the decisions. While it made him feel important, he felt rather uncomfortable at the same time.

"Okay, all we've gotta do is go in, find some stuff to block the entry and then we can -"

"Gnnnrreggghh..."

The noise sent shivers up his spine, and his grip tightened on his knives again. "He's... Back? How?" He hissed in bewilderment and he glanced around for the monster. Surely he couldn't be upstairs, right? He was fairly certain it could climb stairs, unless -

There were more than one of them?

No, he couldn't think ridiculously. He had to keep his head level and help make the safe room as soon as possible. He dashed into the room Garry had opened...

...only to run almost right into a large, purple-blue skinned monster. Yeah, definitely not a great situation. He turned tail and ran, only to step on the untied shoelace of his sneaker, falling forwards onto the ground. Dazed, he tried to stand up before he was attacked, but being so disorientated didn't quite help.

The Oni Mansion Banner10
╰☆╮ Out of Charm ╰☆╮
And so Steve number two has come! Or at least that's what we called him in Heta Oni.

Spin the wheel of faaaaate~ do I live, die or get injured~
Back to top Go down
Prince Of Junes
Captain Ressentiment
Prince Of Junes

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 12:55 pm

∞ Yosuke Hanamura ∞

The Oni Mansion Tumblr13

As Yosuke struggled to stand up, he felt the cold hand of the giant monster lifting him into the air by the back of his shirt. His first reaction was - Damn, man! This is a designer shirt! Do you know how much this cost me?! - which was quickly replaced by - Ohgodohgodohgodohgod...!! Fortunately, his instincts won out, and he managed to lash out at the thing's hand, causing it to hesitate long enough for him to escape. He sprinted blindly down the hallway, the creature close behind him. How fast is this guy, anyway?!

SMACK!

Not paying much attention to where he was going, the teen ran straight into a wall. A dead end. He whirled around to find the monster blocking his only escape. He had to take it on, die, or die trying. No other options. ...Damn, there's nowhere to move... As a fighter based on speed and agility, small spaces were not his favourite thing to be in.

He put on his headphones and leapt at the monster.

"Now I face out I hold out
I reach out to the truth of my life
Seeking to seize on the whole moment, yeah!"

He grinned to himself as he dodged the creature's heavy, slow swings before striking back. Now he was really in his groove, his rhythm. Nothing could stop him now, not even -

GGGRRRRNNNGHHHHH!!!

With lightning speed, it suddenly knocked him out of the air and to the ground. Yosuke heard a sickening pop!, following by a sharp pain in his side. No, he couldn't have... But the warm, crimson liquid spreading across his shirt was no lie. Neither was the fact he couldn't stand up, or breathe properly. A strange whistling noise came from his lungs whenever he tried to suck air into them, almost as if...

No, Yosuke! Think straight! What would Yu do in this situation...?

"Heartbeat, heartbeat, it keeps on pounding
Heartbreak, heartbreak, you tell me goodbye
Heartbeat, heartbeat, it keeps on pounding
Heartbreak, heartbreak, you tell me goodbye..."

Yosuke's vision began to dim, and he reached out, trying to find the knives that he had dropped. Surely they weren't far away, right? He could just get back up and... Fight... Right...?

From the corner of his eye, he could see the monster slowly leaving. Had he lost interest in him? It was definitely a good sign... Right? Yosuke couldn't tell - all he felt was the strong pain, slowly growing stronger and stronger. He bit his lip, trying not to let the tears spill over his eyes.
Don't be such a baby... It's only a flesh wound..

But the darkness around him gathered more thickly by the second, until his entire vision was engulfed. The song on his phone shifted into another, slower paced one.

"Always I will be at the brink of your memories
Never more, just start walking and believe I’m by your side
I won’t forget those days that I spent with everyone precious to me,
Never more, will I be alone even in the darkness
I will find it, that precious thing that I lost
Never more, because I’m sure your voice will guide me..."

His rasping breath slowed, and soon, stopped altogether. With the last, fading beats of his heart, he lay his head on the ground. His music turned off, as if connected.

The darkness from before hadn't just been his imagination - the thick fog of it settled around the body menacingly, and through the shadows, yellow eyes gleamed, and pointed teeth glinted. A figure unlike the teen's stepped out, smirking to himself.

"You done flailing 'bout, loser? Good, 'cause I was starting to get bored in there." It hissed before giving the lifeless teen a kick, and disappearing into the shadows of the house.

The Oni Mansion Banner10
╰☆╮ Out of Charm ╰☆╮
Double post! And Yosuke WAS supposed to live but um trying to bring back excitement.

Or that's what my Oni Mansion brochure tells me. owo

Imma bring Rarity in, and make Yosuke evil. Whoooop.

Songs: First - Reach Out To The Truth (Persona 4 main battle theme)

Second - Heartbeat, Heartbreak (Plays in the background in Shopping District)

Third - Never More (Credits/end game song)
[/b]
Back to top Go down
AzurePetals
Promise of Reunion
AzurePetals

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:05 am

✿ Garry 

Always remember that."
Sometimes an instant is all it takes to shatter a psyche. It hadn't been there before. He was certain of it. He had opened the door and looked into the room and it was empty. How had the monster gotten in there? Well, that isn't a problem anymore. It doesn't matter how it happened. It somehow did, and it sent people into a panic, including Garry. He remembers screaming again, running away, one of the others running in the opposite direction, and he had turned to chase. He couldn't let them get injured. The seconds it took to change course down the hall were enough to make him too late.
He remembers frantically trying to find something to attack the monster with, because although he prefers running, right now it has his friend and he's not going to lose someone today. Thankfully the teen gets himself free and runs, but the creature is intent on following, and far too fast for Garry to catch up. He does chase though. He'll always chase. Even if he's too late.
He remembers the creature leaving, though he doesn't remember how. He remembers sprinting up to his friend, slumped over on the floor, a red liquid staining his shirt.
From that point on it's a blur.
Now, he's on his knees beside Yosuke, lifting the teen into a siting position against the wall. The blood seeping into the carpet, the general lack of life in his friend, none of registers. It can't register. He's been through this before and they lived. How could he possibly have lost someone this time? Of course none of it registers because none of it is real. It can't be real.
"Don't fall asleep now. You have to wake up before it comes back. You'll be all right, I promise. But you have to wake up, Yosuke." 
A nervous laugh. Yosuke really is tired isn't he? Garry can sympathize, but in a place like this you can't afford to sleep in an unprotected area. It isn't safe. He gives the teen a shake, hoping to jostle him awake. When it doesn't work he sighs. Out like a light. Goodness, he's never met such a heavy sleeper.
Well, maybe Garry can carry him to the safe room. He'll wake up there...

✿ Out of Petals ✿    

Thank you for the feels fest.  WAAIIII 

Also, you have officially broken Garry's already fragile state of mind and triggered the doll room insanity. Congratulations.

No but this makes things a lot more interesting. I presume that was his shadow that was released?

I'm going to bring in Shadow too. I need another character.
Back to top Go down
Hei

Hei

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:54 pm

Hei
Hearts filled with lies
The contract,
is it worth the price?
Now I've lost it
I know I can
kill

Everything around Hei started to happen very quickly. While at most times, his head was kept in the game, it took him a moment to realize that indigo thing chasing after Yosuke was the monster. He took a breath before leaping up. Whatever that thing was, it obviously was going to only be a hindrance. A hindrance that seemed eager to hunt down everyone in the house as well as appear and disappear at will.

He followed after to find it standing over the kid who was collapsing from what Hei could only tell to be blood loss. That was it. No more playing stupid. If it was going to start harming people, then acting like an idiot was only going to mess Hei up. Whistling loudly to grab the monster's attention, Hei slipped his knives out. He didn't know whether they would work against such a hulking mass, but even if they got an inch in, he could still electrocute the beast.

The monster only looked at him for a moment, and Hei stared at it coldly. The thing looked back down at Yosuke for a moment who appeared unconscious on the floor at this point. It turned back to Hei and once again started to pursue him. This time the Contractor wanted the monster to follow. He led it away from the injured kid, and if it was as much of enigma as it was before, it would sure disappear again. When was the question though. He rounded every corner he came up to. Until the only option he could follow was a bed room, which of course he entered.

Hei took a minute to catch his breath.
I lost it again. That's what he thought.

The door burst open quickly with the creature in the frame. Hei quickly stood up straight and tightened his grip on his knives. It seemed to ignore his weapons and lunged right at him. In the confined space he was in, it was hard to dodge the hulking mass. It latched on it him by the arm and squeezed.
"Aah!" A grunt of pain escaped Hei's mouth as a crackling noise came from his elbow.

That's it. No more of this. Hei's pupils turned bright red, and his body had a light blue aura coming from it as he activated his contract. A large amount of electricity went into the creature.

GRRRRRNNNGHHH!

The thing's deep voice shrieked out at the sudden electricity surging through it, making it let go of Hei. The Contractor fell to the floor, curling up over his shattered elbow. Looking back up, Hei was honestly surprised.

The monster was gone.

The hulking bright indigo mass that stood over him all but a minute ago just vanished. Loosing it by going up some stairs was one thing, but it was completely gone this time! Slowly, he stood. Hei didn't have any idea what was going on with the building, but he didn't want to get jumped by that thing that was for sure.

Quietly, Hei slipped out of the room, and before each turn he kept a careful ear out. No way was it going to sneak up on him again. Not if he could help it. Soon enough the sound of Garry's voice could be heard. Turning the corner he found him talking to Yosuke who was slumped over against the wall. There was blood all over the kid by now.

Hei kneeled down next to Garry, and looked at Yosuke. The amount of blood that seeped out, no way he was going to be okay. He placed two fingers against the side of the boy's throat. No pulse. He turned to the man beside him. With his usual deadpan expression, he spoke in his monotone voice,
"Garry, he's dead."

He stood back up, and went back to holding his broken arm in his good hand. "Let's go. He's only going to be dead weight to us now, literally. Where's this 'safe place' of yours?"

Hei, stop being a heartless bitch… Oh, wait...
Back to top Go down
AzurePetals
Promise of Reunion
AzurePetals

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 5:40 am

✿ Garry 

Always remember that."
Li's words. They're like a slap to the face. A sudden splash of cold water. It throws him back into reality, albeit a messy landing. He really is gone. How could this have happened? Tense hands clutch at the ends of his jacket. The circumstances this time around are not the same, but they are similar enough that he had expected them all to come out alive. Scarred, but alive. Failure is all that fills his mind for a moment. Failure and the fact that despite the horrors he's been through, this is the first human death he's witnessed firsthand. 
"It's not like the paintings..."
The words are muttered as he shakes his head, about to stand up and join Li. He's right, they can't dawdle in the hall much longer. It's far too risky. But... It doesn't feel right leaving a friend like this. Although they had known each other less than a day, something ought to be done. A few seconds of staring and Garry puts Yosuke's headphones back on. They had slipped off when readjusting him, and after seeing the teen use them twice while in here, he must have liked them. "I'm sorry..."
It's hard. It's immensely hard to watch someone die and be forced to move on within minutes. In truth he can't do it. But for the purpose of keeping his friends safe, even he failed one of them, he can certainly fake it. Though the thoughts are still prominent he covers them for the time being with determination and a goal of leaving this place.
It's then that he stands up and answers Li's question. "The bedroom several doors down on the left. Ah, our right now actually. The door can be blocked from our side by the dresser within, and it strangely has no windows. Though I suppose that's a positive for us then. Less ways it can intrude." It can evidently appear out of thin air, so nowhere is truly safe, but the room he suggests is for now their best option. There they can recover and make a plan for escape.
As he walks past Li to the door Garry notices the way the other is holding his arm. "Are you injured?" he asks worriedly. "Is it broken?"
Back to top Go down
KeepingMyPromise
Ultimate Lifeform
KeepingMyPromise

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 6:14 am

ϟ Shadow ϟ
The Oni Mansion In_the_wake_by_idreamofblueskies-d332jcn

What will I become if I don't look back?
Give myself a reason for this and that
I can learn
No U-turn
From this moment on
I am moving on
And I'll never turn back
What's the point of this mission again? He knows what the goal is, to dispose of the creature before it becomes any more of a problem than it already is, but what impact is doing so possibly going to have? It's a mansion in the middle of nowhere. So it has a monster living in it. Who is stupid enough to enter a place that was practically ripped from a cheesy horror film? Idiots, that's who.
Idiots and him.
Under orders of course. Why? They wouldn't tell him. Maybe they'd gotten the news of some kids being lost to the place and decided to investigate. Unlikely but possible. Maybe they thought the thing might leave and become a threat. Also unlikely but not impossible. This thing was only worse than the doctor's machines in the fact that it would kill, and GUN sometimes cared when the doctor was scheming, so there is a slim chance they thought this being worth taking out.
So they send their best field agent, who mind you would much rather be on a different mission. Or none at all. He prefers missions with a clear-defined goal, reasoning, and result.
So far he's been chasing down an elusive creature in a maze of a house for an entire day. Every once in a while he'd catch a glimpse of it but it never stayed long enough for him to initiate combat. Scared of him? Perhaps. More likely that it has a plan of its own that it's following. Or just not interested in him at all for some reason. It could be the clashing energies. It seems to give off a negative aura while his own glows with, for now, positive chaos energy. The main reason he hasn't just chaos blasted the thing yet. He wasn't given the specs on the thing and for all he knows a negative energy blast might just make it more powerful. 
The second reason he hasn't? The recent noise from the foyer and then upstairs. People had arrived. More idiots to be harmed. Still the creature remains illusive, though he can almost sense it. Upstairs the faint trail is strongest. It was there and might still be.
Jet skates blaze across the floor as he moves his body in sync, traversing across the hall and up the staircase with both incredible speed and ease. He stops on a dime at the sight. Not the creature but definitely something that will interfere with his mission. Damn it! 
Kids. Well, teenagers. Maybe a bit older. Hell age doesn't matter. What matters is that he isn't wrong like he desperately hoped. People had entered. People are a liability in a mission like this. "You shouldn't be here."

»»»»»» Out of Chaos ««««««
And enter the only one who is here on purpose. I have a feeling he'll either get along well with Hei or they'll clash horribly. There is no inbetween.
Back to top Go down
Rarity
Fashionista
Rarity

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 7:02 pm

✯ Rarity ✯

The Oni Mansion Tumblr11

♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦

Like a shining diamond, your sparkle captures my eyes!"

♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦❤♦

Rarity stared up at the mansion in front of her, her hands on her hips. She had heard many rumours about this particular place, with one of them saying it was home to marvellous paintings and other antiques. Of course, many others warned her of beasts lurking around, but she dismissed the nonsense. How could anything bad be living in such a nice place? The exterior is even nicely kept... how peculiar. Is it really abandoned? Only one way to find out. She stepped up to the front porch and opened the door. Unlocked. Well, if there was someone inside, they weren't very scared of unwanted visitors, it seemed. She walked inside, and looked around, pleasantly discovering it to be very clean inside. She didn't wish to get her new shoes all dirty, after all.

"Hello? Is anyone in here?" She called out as she went in further. She should make sure no one was in here, after all.

BANG!

She turned around to see that the door had slammed shut behind her. That was odd. She didn't recall it being very windy outside... She frowned. Maybe the hinges are just bad quality. She thought to herself. There was no need to get frightened over nothing, after all. And yet... why did she feel such an odd chill down her spine? It's just one of those things, Rarity. Abandoned houses are just creepy.

"Hm.. maybe I should look upstairs first?" She mused to herself as she headed up the stairs that were in front of her. Once at the top, she spotted some people nearby. I wonder why they're here? Are they looking for paintings as well, or here because of those nasty rumours? Either way, I must be as lady-like as possible. I am on a professional trip.

The designer approached the strangers with a friendly smile. "Hello, darlings. My name is Rarity. Are you here to find the mansion's antiques and paintings as well?

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
★ Out of Fashion ☆
◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Oh look someone else is here for a purpose not as silly as the others XD

Annnnd shortish reply!
Back to top Go down
Hei

Hei

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 7:39 pm

Hei
Hearts filled with lies
The contract,
is it worth the price?
Now I've lost it
I know I can
kill

Hei looked at Garry. Paintings? What is he talking on about now? He watched as the man adjusted the boy's body. Ugh, humans grieve too much. That was one thing he didn't like about humans. Sure, he grieved too, but he didn't linger on people's deaths. It was inevitable, and having such a thought on his mind would only hinder his focus on a mission. Like the one he was on now. Even having someone alive to watch out for was causing trouble. Granted, the locked door was currently the biggest concern, but he just couldn't seem to separate himself from Garry.

"Don't apologize, he's dead and you can't make up for it. Saying sorry is a waste of words at this point." He looked up, and followed Garry's directions to the room he thought was secure. Hei kept an ear out for anything out of the ordinary. Even a creak in the floor boards got his attention at this point.

His eyes went back to the purple haired man. His expression still showed no real sign of emotion. Not even pain despite the throbbing feeling in his arm.
"My elbow is broken, but I'll be fine." He started back towards the room, but another voice made Hei look quickly. "Whether I should or shouldn't be here is my own business and mine alone. I have some matters to take care of here." He spoke coldly to the guy who just appeared. Only Huang was going to boss him around, no one else. He didn't need someone else to keep an eye. While this guy seemed perfectly aware of the danger of the house, Hei felt like the only mature one there.

The girl that soon after greeted them seemed unaware. Her smile and question was proof enough.
"No, and don't call me darling." The Contractor then started again, this time though he passed the door Garry pointed out. Forget a secure hiding place, I need to contact Yin to get some communication set up. He started trying doorknobs and opening the ones that weren't locked in search of either a bathroom or a kitchen. Either way, a faucet would be most appreciated.[/color]

✮_____Óut Òf St✮rs_____✮

Actually, you silly geese, Hei is here on a mission that isn't even relevant as it turns out XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Oni Mansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oni Mansion   The Oni Mansion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Oni Mansion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Universal Combination :: Roleplays :: Multi Universal Roleplays-
Jump to: